Your Journey to Becoming a Mount Master
Welcome to the ultimate WoW mount guide! With over 800 mounts to collect and thousands of new players joining WoW every day, it can be quite overwhelming to figure out where to start.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or a complete beginner, this guide will help you on your journey to becoming a mount master! So, let’s dive right in!
Introduction to Mounts
In this section, we’ll discuss what mounts are and why they’re an essential aspect of the World of Warcraft experience.
Mounts are creatures that players can ride in the game to travel faster, showcase their personality and achievements, and make traveling more efficient.
Why Players Farm Mounts in World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft players farm mounts for several reasons, ranging from practical purposes to personal satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment. Here are the primary reasons why players farm mounts:
Faster Travel: Mounts improve a player’s in-game movement speed, allowing them to travel across Azeroth and other regions faster than on foot. This makes quests, exploration, and in-game activities more efficient and enjoyable.
Aesthetic Appeal: Players are drawn to the unique and diverse appearances of mounts, which come in various shapes, sizes, and styles. They often farm mounts to collect their favorite designs or to have a mount that matches their character’s theme or role-playing concept.
Prestige and Bragging Rights: Some mounts are rare or difficult to obtain, making them highly sought after. Owning a prestigious mount can be a status symbol, showcasing a player’s dedication, skill, and luck. Players often farm mounts to impress friends, guildmates, or other players.
Completionism and Collection: Many WoW players enjoy collecting in-game items, including mounts. With over 800 mounts available, collecting them all can be exciting and rewarding. Players may farm mounts to complete their collection, earn in-game achievements, or satisfy personal completionist goals.
In-Game Economy: Some mounts can be crafted, bought, or sold on the in-game auction house, making them valuable commodities. Players might farm mounts to sell for in-game currency or trade for other desirable items or services.
Social Interaction: Farming mounts can be a social activity, as players often group up or join communities dedicated to mount farming. This can lead to friendships, camaraderie, and a sense of belonging within the game world.
Watch Erosium’s video to learn all about Mount Farming in World of Warcraft
Resources for Mount Collectors
We’ll introduce you to a variety of useful resources and addons that can help you get mounts super easy in World of Warcraft. Here is a list of useful resources and addons that can assist you in collecting mounts in World of Warcraft:
World of Warcraft Mount Farming Addons:
1. All The Things (ATT)
These tools will help you track your mount collection progress, identify missing mounts, and provide valuable information on how to obtain them.
In this section, we will explore the various methods to obtain mounts in World of Warcraft.
Some mounts can be earned as rewards for completing specific quests. These quests may involve completing a challenging storyline, a long series of tasks, or reaching a certain reputation level with a faction. Keep an eye out for quests that offer mounts as rewards, as they can be a straightforward way to add to your collection.
Mounts can drop from various boss encounters in dungeons and raids. However, the drop rate is often low, so you may need to run the content multiple times before obtaining the desired mount. It’s essential to research which bosses drop the mounts you’re after and ensure you meet the requirements to enter the dungeon or raid.
Certain achievements will grant you special mounts as a reward. These achievements might involve completing a set number of dungeons or raids, reaching a specific PvP rank, or collecting a certain number of other mounts. Keep track of your achievements to unlock these exclusive mounts.
Engineers and Tailors can create certain mounts, which can then be used by the player or sold to others. These mounts typically require rare materials and a high skill level in the relevant profession. If you have the necessary skills or know someone who does, crafting mounts can be a rewarding endeavor.
Some mounts can be purchased from vendors with in-game currency or special tokens. These tokens might be earned through various in-game activities such as daily quests, reputation grinds, or event currencies. Be sure to visit different vendors and learn which mounts they offer for sale.
Participating in player-versus-player content, such as battlegrounds or arenas, can earn you mounts as rewards. You might need to reach a specific rank or accumulate a certain number of PvP currency to purchase these mounts. Engaging in PvP can be both fun and challenging, making it a popular way to obtain unique mounts.
Promotions and Events:
Mounts are occasionally given as part of special promotions or in-game events, such as holiday celebrations, collector’s edition bonuses, or Blizzard’s marketing campaigns. Keep an eye on official announcements and participate in these events to snag limited-time mounts.
In this section, we’ll provide you with valuable tips and tricks to make your mount farming journey in World of Warcraft more enjoyable and efficient. By implementing these strategies, you can optimize your mount farming experience and increase your chances of success:
Know Your Target:
Research the mounts you want to farm and their drop locations. Focus on one or a few at a time to avoid getting overwhelmed. By having a clear goal in mind, you can streamline your farming efforts and avoid wasting time on irrelevant content.
Make sure your character is geared and skilled enough to handle the content where your desired mount drops. This might involve leveling up, acquiring better gear, or familiarizing yourself with boss mechanics. Being well-prepared will improve your chances of successfully farming the mount.
Addons like Rarity, All The Things (ATT), and Simple Armory can help you keep track of your progress and identify mounts you’re missing. These tools provide valuable information on mount drop rates, locations, and requirements, making your farming journey more organized and efficient.
Farm with Friends or Join a Community:
Farming in groups can make the process more enjoyable and increase your chances of success. By joining forces with other players who share your goal, you can tackle more challenging content and benefit from shared knowledge and resources. Look for in-game communities, Discord servers, or forums dedicated to mount farming.
Make a Schedule:
Set aside dedicated time for mount farming, and be consistent with your efforts. By establishing a routine, you can maintain focus and motivation, ensuring that your mount farming doesn’t fall by the wayside. Whether you farm daily, weekly, or monthly, a consistent schedule will help you make steady progress.
Some mounts have low drop rates, so persistence is key. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get your desired mount right away. Remember that mount farming is often a long-term endeavor, and success may come after multiple attempts. Stay patient and keep a positive attitude, and eventually, you’ll be rewarded with the mounts you’re after.
Popular Mounts to Start Farming
In this section, we will go over specific examples of popular mounts in World of Warcraft and their sources. These examples will serve as an excellent starting point for your mount farming journey and help you familiarize yourself with different types of mounts available in the game:
5 World of Warcraft Dungeon Drop Mounts to Farm
1. Fiery Warhorse TBC: This elusive mount drops from Attumen the Huntsman in the Return to Karazhan raid. Midnight is a spectral horse with a striking appearance, making it a sought-after prize for mount collectors.
2. Midnight Legion: This elusive mount drops from Attumen the Huntsman in the Return to Karazhan dungeon (Fly up to the right to find dungeon enterance). Midnight is a spectral horse with a striking appearance, making it a sought-after prize for mount collectors.
3. Sharkbait: A vibrant parrot mount, Sharkbait drops from Harlan Sweete in the Freehold dungeon. This colorful and lively mount is perfect for players who want to make a bold statement.
4. Swift White Hawkstrider: This elegant bird mount can be obtained from Kael’thas Sunstrider in the Magisters’ Terrace dungeon. Its sleek design and swift movement make it a popular choice among collectors.
5. Bronze Drake: This drake mount can be obtained from the Culling of Stratholme dungeon in the Caverns of Time. To acquire it, players must defeat the final boss, Mal’Ganis, within the time limit during the Heroic difficulty.
5 World of Warcraft Raid Drop Mounts to Farm
1. Ashes of Al’ar: This fiery phoenix mount drops from Kael’thas Sunstrider in the Eye raid. Its striking appearance makes it a highly sought-after mount.
2. Invincible: This spectral undead steed is obtained from the Lich King in the Icecrown Citadel raid. As the personal mount of a renowned villain, Invincible is a prestigious addition to any collection.
3. Spawn of Horridon: This dinosaur mount drops from Horridon in the Throne of Thunder raid. With its vibrant colors and unique design, Spawn of Horridon is a popular choice for collectors.
4. Clutch of Ji-Kun: This feathered serpent mount is obtained from Ji-Kun in the Throne of Thunder raid. With its elegant appearance, Clutch of Ji-Kun is a beautiful mount to showcase.
5. Astral Cloud Serpent: This celestial dragon mount drops from Elegon in the Mogu’shan Vaults raid. Its ethereal appearance and graceful movement make it an alluring mount for players.
6 World of Warcraft PVP Mounts to Farm
1. Black War Mammoth (Alliance): This mammoth mount is available for purchase from PvP vendors in Wintergrasp for Alliance players. It’s a sturdy and impressive mount to showcase your PvP prowess.
2. Black War Mammoth (Horde): Similar to the Alliance version, this mount is available for Horde players from PvP vendors in Wintergrasp. Its impressive size and appearance make it a popular choice for PvP enthusiasts.
3. Black Battlestrider (Alliance): This mechanical strider mount is available for purchase from PvP vendors in Azeroth for Alliance players. Its unique design and faction-specific appearance make it a prized possession.
4. Swift Warstrider (Horde): This colorful and distinctive bird mount is available for purchase from PvP vendors in Azeroth for Horde players. Its faction-specific design makes it a sought-after mount for Horde PvP enthusiasts.
5. Frostwolf Howler (Horde): This wolf mount is a reward for Horde players who achieve a high rank in the Alterac Valley battleground. Its fierce appearance and faction pride make it a popular choice for PvP collectors.
6. Stormpike Battle Charger: This ram mount is the Alliance counterpart to the Frostwolf Howler, awarded to players who achieve a high rank in the Alterac Valley battleground. Its sturdy build and faction pride make it a coveted mount for Alliance PvP collectors.
Embark on Your Mount Farming Adventure
Thanks for joining us on this journey through the world of mount farming in World of Warcraft. We hope you enjoyed this WoW Mount guide, with this guide, you’ll be well-equipped to start collecting mounts and show off your achievements in Azeroth.
So, get out there, and start your mount farming adventure today! Don’t forget to smash that like and subscribe button to show your enjoyment of this content! Have a wonderful day, and happy farming!