World of Warcraft PvP may sometimes be overwhelming with all the different battlegrounds, functions, and objectives. In this How to Win Arathi Basin Guide we would like to take you on a PvP deep-dive into World of Warcraft and give you a refresher on what Arathi is all about.
How to Win Arathi Basin
To win this battleground in World of Warcraft you will need your team to reach a goal of 1600 resources.
The more bases your team can capture, the quicker your team’s resources pile up. 15 players battle against 15 other faction players to take over 5 strategic bases.
The number of bases controlled determines how fast you gather resources. The more players Zerg (getting into random brawls without playing the objective) the less chance your team will have to win. Therefore, you will need coordinated team play in this battleground. World of Warcraft encourages team play and if players do not work together, they will have a hard time winning.
WoW Winning Strategy for Arathi Basin
The Alliance starts in the northwest of the map and the Horde begins in the southeast. In Arathi Basin, there are 5 strategic points for you to take. Stables, Gold Mine, Lumber Mill, Black Smith, and Farm.
Stable and Farm can be captured at the beginning of the battle without having to fight. Furthermore, you see in the middle is the Black Smith, the strategic most valuable point. From here you can get to the other points quickly. Therefore it might be a good idea to get hold of this to maintain the upper hand. The Gold Mine and the Lumbermill are in the north and south.
Each point has a flag that takes you an 8-second cast time to capture. If you are attacked during capturing the flag, the capture fails. If the flag isn’t captured back within 1 minute the base is yours. Furthermore, each base comes with 3 random buffs that take turns after picking one up: the Berserker Buff, Restoration Buff, and the Speed Buff.
Tips for winning Arathi Basin
- You may find it difficult to defend all 5 bases at a time. Therefore, you might want to stick to 3 bases and communicate with the team making callouts about the incoming enemy.
- Calling out home many enemies and the location of the attack may help others to come to the aid and defend the base.
- As 1 player will be enough to capture the Stables or Farm base it is recommended to have another player to support and defend the base. The other 13 players split up on Black Smith and a third base. It is important to take 3 bases at the beginning of the battle.
- Don’t get too greedy for bases as it becomes significantly difficult to defend all 5 bases. For this reason, it is wise to choose 3 bases close to each other to make it easier to defend.
- Make sure to defend bases at the flag to avoid the other faction tapping the base.
What level is Arathi Basin?
From 10-60, Arathi Basin is split up into instances so that low-level characters do not enter in with high-level characters.
Therefore the levels that play with and against each other look like this:
Final Thoughts on Arathi Basin
Once you get the hang of it, Arathi Basin is one of World of Warcraft’s most enjoyable Battlegrounds. Improving your PvP gear in WoW will help you to survive longer and help to defeat your enemies. If you keep an eye on incoming players and call these out, the battle should be easier to win. We hope we could help you out with this How to Win Arathi Basin Guide. Make sure to check out our other guides like How to win Wintergrasp.