Welcome back to Battle-Shouts series of World of Warcraft raid overviews! This time, we are delving into Aberrus, The Shadowed Crucible (ASC) releasing in patch 10.1 in May of 2023! ASC is the next major raid tier, continuing the storyline of the Dracthyr and the Incarnates. ASC is split into 3 wings, and contains 9 bosses total. Scalecommander Sarkareth, the leader of the Sundered Flame is the final boss and found within the Crucible of Corruption! Keep reading to find links to EVERYTHING you need to know, to take on Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible!
Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible – The lore and Story
Head into the forgotten lab of a Mad Aspect, and prevent Scalecommander Sarkareth from gaining the power needed to over throw the Aspects! Deep below within the Zaralek Caverns, accompany the Heirs of the Black Dragonflight (Wrathion, Sabellion, and Ebyssian) as they seek to prevent the Incarnates and the Sundered Flame from harnessing Shadowflame and taboo technologies. Our heroes are a few too many steps behind, and Aberrus has been breached. Hunt down Sarkareth and put an end to this fight of who should inherit the power of the former Earth-warder.
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible- Raid Difficulties Overview
ASC will have several ways to experience the raid. (Side note- This is the FIRST patch that will allow cross-faction guilds! As such, the way the Hall of Fame is decided will be changed. More information to follow.)
- LFR- Looking For Raid: The ultimate introduction mode for raids will be available for all players in a staggered release format. If you are wanting to only experience the story, and see the sights, this is the mode for you!
- Normal: Available for 10-30 players in a flexible mode. Normal mode raids are ideal for practice with your guild and friends. It offers reasonable challenge with better than Mythic Dungeon loot!
- Heroic: Available for 10-30 players in a flexible mode. Heroic raids are challenges that award better than average item level. They require much more coordination and skill than Normal Mode Raids. As such it should be attempted by a well prepared guild!
- Mythic: Only available to raid teams of 20 players. The highest difficulty, so bring your A-Game. A great challenge awaits, with even greater rewards!
Where is Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible?
Nestled deep below the Dragon Isles, you’ll be able to access Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible through the Zaralek Caverns. There will be multiple entrances to the Caverns unlocked through the campagin, but currently you enter through the Ohn’Ahran Plains!
Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible Boss Overview
ASC will contain 9 total bosses across 3 wings. Aberrus will mostly contain Single-Target focused fights, with some niche encounters. Take a look below and follow the links to where we break down each encounter to help YOU have the best chance at success!
Raid Boss Encounters
- Kazarra the Hellforged
- The Amalgamation Chamber
- The Forgotten Experiments
- The Zaqali Assault
- Rashok the Elder
- Echo of Neltharion
- Scalecommander Sarkareth
Aberrus Gear Overview
The gear contained in Aberrus is very similar to previous raid tiers. The biggest change however is the inclusion of Class Specific trinkets, and weapons with unique abilities and effects!
The average Ilvls for ASC are
- LFR: 402-411
- Normal: 415-424
- Heroic: 428-437
- Mythic: 441-450
The Class Trinkets all give a boost to Primary Stat on Procc, with a draw back. Currently, the 3 drawbacks data-mined are a large damaging bleed, a 5% dmg taken penalty, or a 10% slow. All of these effects are active while you are benefitting from the buff, so make sure to keep an eye on your buffs so you arent surprised by the proccs!