Do you like Mounts? Do you like dungeons? Then this guide is perfect for you! Uncover the secrets of farming all dungeon mounts in this full farming guide!
Vanilla All Dungeon Mounts
- Go to the service entrance of Stratholme (see leftmost picture).
- Enter the dungeon and kill bosses 1 to 3. Make sure to kill the NPCs inside each ziggurath or the last door won’t open.
- Once you’ve cleared all 3 zigguraths you can head to the last boss (step 4). You’ll have some mobs to kill before the door opens.
- You can farm this dungeon 10 times per hour for a chance at this rare mount!
The Burning Crusade All Dungeon Mounts
Swift White Hawkstrider
- Take the portal from Orgrimmar or Stormwind to Shattrath.
- Take the portal from Shattrath to the Isle of Quel’Danas
- Head to the dungeon and make sure the difficulty is set to heroic. The dungeon is very simple and linear!
- You can farm it once a day per character for a chance at the mount.
Reins of the Raven Lord
Wrath of the Lich King All Dungeon Mounts
Reins of the Blue Proto Drake
- Go to Northrend (you can take the portal to Northrend Dalaran from your capital city).
- Go to the Utgarde Pinnacle dungeon and set difficulty to heroic.
- Enter the dungeon and go kill Skadi.
- There is a twist to this boss: if you kill spawning adds, they will drop clickable harpoons on the ground. Collect the harpoons, then click the Harpoon Launcher when the boss is in range to make him come down.
Reins of the Bronze Drake
The Reins of the Bronze Drake can be obtained by killing a secret boss in Stratholme.
- Go to the caverns of time in Tanaris (take the portal from your capital city).
- Once in the caverns, fly down to the dungeon called “The Culling of Stratholme“. Make sure the dungeon difficulty is set to heroic and enter the dungeon.
- Make sure to talk to Chromie near the entrance of the dungeon, she’ll give you some tasks to complete before you can start the boss fights.
- You’ll then have to kill waves of ennemies which will spawn in different parts of Stratholme (they’ll appear on your mini-map). Then you’ll have to talk to Arthas and follow him around while killing infinite dragons.
- After you’ve killed the third boss, talk to Arthas. BEFORE entering the final boss room, go left and kill the secret boss (see picture for map location)
- Make sure that you don’t AFK because there is a 25 minute timer that starts when you start killing mobs, you won’t get see the secret boss if you take too long.
Cataclysm All Dungeon Mounts
Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake
- Take the portal from your capital city to Deepholm (see pictures for map locations).
- Head to the Stonecore dungeon. Run to Slabhide which is the second boss. Once the boss dies a portal will appear to send you back to the entrance.
- Farm this once a day on heroic difficulty and 10 times an hour on normal difficulty!
Armored Razzashi Raptor & Swift Zulian Panther
Amani Battle Bear
Getting the Amani Battle Bear can be a big step in your journey to collect all dungeon mounts!
- Go to the Zul’Aman dungeon in the Ghostlands. Set the difficulty to heroic.
- Talk to Vol’Jin near the entrance and ring the gong.
- Simply kill the first 4 bosses (see picture for path) the order is not important, just try not to be AFK because there is a timer on this.
- In the 4th boss room (Halazzi), click Kasha’s cage to free her and she will destroy vases around the room. One of the vases will drop the mount on the ground.
Reins of the Drake of the North Wind
The Drake of the North Wind is super easy to farm!
- Simply head over to the Vortex Pinnacle dungeon in Uldum (you should be able to find a portal to Uldum in your capital city).
- Kill Altairus, the second boss, for a chance at the mount!
- If you jump down after killing him you’ll get teleported back to the entrance which is a great skip for farming.
- You can farm this on Normal difficulty 10 times per hour.
Legion Expansion All Dungeon Mounts
Midnight’s Eternal Reins
Midnight’s Eternal Reins is in my opinion one of the coolest mounts in the game! And it’s super easy to farm, just follow these steps:
Smoldering Ember Wyrm
The Smoldering Ember Wyrm is a bit tricky to obtain, here is a full guide on this mount from one of our writers, but here is a quick summary aswell:
- Go to Return to Karazhan in mythic difficulty.
- Click all 5 purple crystals at the locations in the pictures, there is a timer on this so be quick!
- Once you get the Medivh’s Presence buff, go to the final location (see last picture). Talk to Medivh and kill the boss, Nightbane.
- Nightbane has a 20% chance to drop the mount for your group for each party member, so if you have a full group of 5 one of your players is guaranteed to get the mount!
- When you kill Moroes for the 3rd crystal, make sure to pick up the keys he drops when he dies.
Battle for Azeroth All Dungeon Mounts
Sharkbait’s Favorite Crackers
Underrot Crawg Harness
The Underrot Crawg Harness has a very low drop chance but it’s easy to farm!
- Go to the Underrot dungeon, make sure the difficulty is set to mythic. The dungeon entrance is underground.
- Run to the last boss (you’ll have to kill some adds on the way to get the door to open). In order to kill the last boss you’ll have to kill spawning adds during the encounter.
- You can farm this mount once per week per character.
Mummified Raptor Skull
The Mummified Raptor Skull is very similar to the 2 previous mounts:
- Head to the King’s Rest dungeon in Zuldazar (if you are alliance you’ll have to build a foothold through the alliance boat quests in Boralus).
- The dungeon is very linear, the only thing you may not know is that you have to click the altar near the first boss to start the encounter!
- Farm this once per week per character.
How to get the Mechagon Peacekeeper?
- Go to Mechagon in Kul TIras (it’s the island on the top left). You can fly there directly.
- Go into the Operation Mechagon dungeon. Make sure the difficulty is set to mythic.
- Kill the fourth boss, the HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit. You’ll have to kill the other bosses first.
- This is a pretty rare mount, but you can farm it once a week per character.
Aerial Unit R-21/X
How to get the Aerial Unit R-21/X?
- Go to Mechagon (fly there directly). Enter the Operation Mechagon dungeon on mythic difficulty.
- You can go through the dungeon and kill the final boss for a chance at getting this mount, but if you activate hardmode, you’ll be guaranteed to get it!
- In order to activate hardmode, you’ll have to kill all three first bosses while the Aerial Unit is above them (you can see it moving on your map). You’ll have to head to whichever boss the Aerial Unit is above. Make sure to kill the Toxic Monstrosities near the Slime Boss to start the encounter.
- The fourth boss is basically impossible without a group but there is a cheese tactic you can do: kill the Tank Buster MK2, then run back to the entrance of the dungeon, wait for the boss to cast annihilation, then run back to the boss FAST and click on the pylon nearby. After a while the pylon will get destroyed and you will be able to kill the boss!
- At this point you’ve done the hardest part of the dungeon! Kill the 5th boss (get the robot near the hammers near the edge of the arena to kill him).
- Before the sixth boss, click the pile of robo-waste. You can then proceed to the final boss of the dungeon, King Mechagon. Just press the red button, then blast down the boss!
Shadowlands All Dungeon Mounts
Marrowfang’s Reins is another one of these weekly dungeon farms.
- Go to The Necrotic Wake dungeon in Bastion, Shadowlands (there should be a quest in your capital city to get to the Shadowlands if you have not been there before).
- Set the difficulty to mythic and go kill the final boss!
- Farm this once per week per character.
Cartel Master’s Gearglider
The Cartel Master’s Gearglider is one of the coolest dungeon mounts! Just like many of all dungeon mounts, this can be obtained through a weekly dungeon farm:
- Go to the Shadowlands. If you have not unlocked Tazavesh, The Veiled Market, pick up the quest The Al’ley Cat of Oribos from Host Ta’rela the innkeeper. After completing the quest chain you will unlock the dungeon.
- Run the dungeon and kill the final boss for a chance at getting your mount! Make sure the dungeon is set to mythic difficulty.
- If you need help to clear the dungeon, you can try making a premade group to get the help of other players!
Dragonflight All Dungeon Mounts
Reins of the Quantum Courser
Out of all dungeon mounts, the Reins of the Quantum Courser is an interesting one!
- You can get this mount from the last boss of Dawn of the Infinite which is located in The Temporal Conflux in Thaldraszus. You can run this dungeon on heroic difficulty or mythic for a higher chance at getting the mount.
- When you use this mount, you will get a random other mount from a dungeon which you don’t already have (basically any of the mounts from this guide).
- You can find even more info on this mount in this guide Erosium made!
Strategies and Tips for Obtaining All Dungeon Mounts
Uncover the secrets to capturing all dungeon mounts with effective strategies and game-changing tips, detailed in our guide that promises to elevate your mount-collecting journey—read on for a treasure trove of insights!
Here are some general tips that will help you in your journey to get all dungeon mounts:
- Use classes such as druid or death knight that have abilities like dreamwalk. Using dreamwalk twice when in a dungeon gets you back to the entrance. This is a very powerful trick when farming dungeon mounts or raids. You can also list as a premade group before entering, then leave the group to get teleported back to the entrance.
- Use classes with as much mobility as possible (druid or evoker are two great examples). You can also farm a speedset and use speed consumables. Going faster will save you a lot of time when farming all dungeon mounts.
- Get leveling! Having an alt army can be a huge advantage if you are trying to farm all dungeon mounts, many of the mounts on this list can be farmed once a week per character but if you could have just 1 extra character to farm on, you would already have double the chance of getting that mount!
More Mount Guides!
Thank you for reading this guide! If you have any feedback feel free to leave a comment.